Certification of Entrepreneurship
The ORIC office has established an Entrepreneurship center at University of Turbat in collaboration with department of management sciences, Commerce and Economics. The basic motivations for the Entrepreneurship center are as follows.
- China Pakistan Economic Corridor is initiating a phase of innovation and business development specifically in Mekran. In this scenario the entrepreneurship skills are lacking in the youth of the region. Therefore, it’s probable that all the potential businesses will be taken over by the non-locals on the cost of locals. This is a threat on one side for the locals and an opportunity for the UoT to develop the entrepreneurial skills of the youth.
- There is a curse of unemployment prevailing in Pakistan in general and specifically in Mekran. Currently there is only governmental source of employment available in the vicinity of Mekran. The rate of governmental vacancy creation or allocation is far behind the rate of increasing skilled and unskilled adults in the region. This is why, the ORIC office has identified the need of employment creation, which can only be dealt through encouragement of private sector for job creation. For this purpose, the entrepreneurship must be stimulated and learnt.
- Increment in employment will further enhance the economic scenario in the region.
The objectives for the Entrepreneurship center are
- Providing awareness of how to start your own venture.
- Initiation of Diploma on Entrepreneurship.
- Initiation of Master of Entrepreneurship.
- Development of Incubation Center.
- Conducting Workshops on Entrepreneurship
The proposed Benefits for the Entrepreneurship center are
- Generating Revenue for University of Turbat
- Developing Entrepreneurs for the entire region
- Building Goodwill for University of Turbat in short and long run
- Academics-Industry linkages
In the Entrepreneurship Center, we offer a 4 month Certification program titled as “Certification of Entrepreneurship”, which aims to bring practical, market oriented and human resource generating entrepreneurs in the market.
The course contents are as follows.
- INTRODUCTION TO ENTREPRENEURSHIP
- IDENTIFY AND EVALUTING Opportunity
- CREATIVITY & Starting the venture
- VISION AND BUSINESS MODEL
- BUSINESS PLAN DEVELOPMENT
- TYPES OF VENTURES
- ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND SME
- LEGAL FORMATION AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- FINANCING THE NEW VENTURE
- BUSINESS PLAN PRESENTAIOTN