The office of research innovation and commercialization (ORIC) at University of Turbat has been established in line with the aims of Higher Education Commission (HEC) that attempts to makes a major contribution to economic prosperity, national well-being and the expansion of knowledge.
The mission of the Office for Research is to develop, expand, enhance and manage the university’s research programs and to link research activities directly to the educational, social and economic priorities of the university and its broader community.
The office is also responsible for assuring that the quality of research reflects the highest international standards and advances the stature of the university among the world’s best research institutions. Moreover, the office aims to be the best research center of the region and build and sustain productive relationship and linkages with the governmental agencies, international academic and governmental agencies, private sectors, industries, elementary and secondary schools and colleges. Further, innovation and production of ideas, patents and innovation would remain as the core values of the office.
In pursuit of this mission, the Office of Research has the responsibility of guaranteeing that all research programs and policies reflect the core values of academic freedom, professional integrity, and ethical conduct and full compliance with all policies, legal requirements, and operational standards of the university.
The main objectives of the ORIC at UoT are as follows:
- To formulate and support the university’s strategic research direction and policies.
- To enhance and diversify research funding.
- To create an environment so that research remains an integral component of academic activities at UoT.
- To ensure that high-quality research of direct relevance to Pakistan’s needs.
- To facilitate the establishment of linkages between UOT and the industry.
- To provide information about research funding opportunities to faculty and students.
- To encourage and assist UOT researchers/faculty in obtaining research grants from the public-/private sector.
- Facilitate the timely completion of funded research and development projects.
- Maintain efficient and productive communication channels with funding agencies.
- Facilitate and support UOT researchers for publication and presentation of their research work through participation in research activities so as to cater to industry requirements.
- To improve/ Strengthens university-industry relationships.
- To conduct national and international conferences/seminars/sessions
- To help students to obtain funds for their research projects.