About ORIC-University of Turbat
The Office of Research, Innovation & Commercialization (ORIC) is operational since the inception of the University of Turbat (UoT). ORIC at UoT provides its faculty members and students the operational support in preparing, submitting, and presenting research proposals. In addition, this office plays a key role in facilitating the University-Industry linkages for the commercialization of the research work prepared by the members of UoT research community. As the quality of research work serves as an essential impetus for the higher rankings of the universities and development of the faculty, ORIC at UoT provides services for innovation, commercialization, patents, research and development, workshops/seminars/conferences/research article publication honorarium to members of UOT research community. With such support provided by our Office, the faculty members/scholars at UOT are well prepared to promote their research work both nationally and internationally.
Further, ORIC at UoT is committed to joining hands with the academia, industry, and the social sector involving itself in signing Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the objective to bring new projects/training programs for the students and the faculty members to involve in joint research projects and solving social, industrial, and academic problems.
The mission of the office of ORIC is to develop, expand, enhance, and manage the university’s research programs and to link research activities directly to the educational, social, and economic priorities of the university and its broader community.
The office is also responsible for assuring that the quality of research reflects the highest international standards and advances the stature of the university among the world’s best research institutions. Moreover, the office aims to be the best research center of the region and build and sustain productive relationships and linkages with the governmental agencies, international academic and governmental agencies, private sectors, industries, elementary and secondary schools, and colleges. Further, innovation and production of ideas, patents, and innovation would remain as the core values of the office.
In pursuit of this mission, the Office of Research has the responsibility of guaranteeing that all research programs and policies reflect the core values of academic freedom, professional integrity, and ethical conduct, and full compliance with all policies, legal requirements, and operational standards of the university.
Objectives of our Office
- To establish long term collaboration and relationships with academia, industry, and the corporate sector
- To create awareness on the importance of entrepreneurship and self-employment to the students of the University of Turbat.
- To promote entrepreneurial and innovation culture in the university and the region
- To assist our students, translate their ideas into valuable products and services.
- To play a key role in generating funds for the University for research work
- To help the faculty and students of the University of Turbat in writing and submitting research proposals for the university, national and international research funds.
- To provide mentorship to the faculty and the students in executing research projects by developing their research, writing skills through workshops and training.
- To promote and involve our students and the faculty in the commercialization activities that support the region’s and the national economy