Quality Enhancement Cell
Quality Enhancement Cell started working vigorously in 2013 under the kind supervision and
patronage of the Vice Chancellor. The Vice Chancellor provided the required space and necessary
equipment for getting more effective and efficient working. QEC started working with the
staff appointment. The current staff of the QEC includes Prof. Dr. Gul Hassan as Director QEC,
Mr. Noman as Assistant Director / Data Analyst, and Mr. Gunj Baksh Lal as Office Assistant.
A quality culture has been developing at the University of Turbat. Almost all degree Programs
offered by teaching departments of the University in different subjects in the process of accreditation
by the respective accreditation bodies.
QEC is committed to assure and enhance the quality of higher education at University of Turbat
with respect to good teaching strategies, sound infrastructure, outcome based education, positive
students’ perception, valid programs assessment tools and a learning environment conducive
to research activities.
- To collate data through online feedback forms and course outlines/ plans from the
- To conduct training on regular basis for the Program & Assessment Team in order to generate
awareness regarding the self-assessment process.
- To assess the current status of educational provision at departmental level by holding meetings
with the Program & Assessment Team.
- To critically examine the data and formulate recommendations in consultation with the concerned
Head/Chairperson/ In-charge of the department.
- To follow the progress of the corrective actions highlighted in the Self-Assessment
Report (SAR) by the respective departments.
- To affirm whether curriculum, subject and staff development, research and other
scholarly activities are conducted as per the HEC criteria.
- To facilitate the respective departments in getting accreditation certificate from the councils/
bodies prescribed by Higher Education Commission.
- To acquire the membership of the international agencies working in the domain of
- To verify whether Institutional Performance Evaluation Standards (IPES) devised for the betterment
of Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) are in accordance with the HEC guidelines.
- To make sure that the university abides by the rules & regulations set by HEC in terms of
faculty appointment, admission to MS/M. Phil and Ph.D. programs and last but not least,
plagiarism detection service by utilizing Turnitin Software.