- PhD in Development Economics from University of Heidelberg, Germany
- MS in Finance from Balochistan University of Information Technology, Engineering and Management Sciences (BUITEMS) Quetta, Pakistan
- Ahmed, R., Ahmed, A., & Barkat, W. (2020) Behavioral limitations of individuals for coping with COVID-19: A terror management perspective. Journal of Human Behavior in the Social Environment. doi:10.1080/10911359.2020.1835778.
- Ahmed, R. (2018). The impact of flooding on marriage: evidence from Pakistan. Disaster Prevention and Management, 27(1), 115-128.
- Waseem, B., Loo-See, B., Adeel, A., & Riaz, A. (2018). Impact of intellectual capital on innovation capability and organizational performance: An empirical investigation. Serbian Journal of Management, 13(2), 365-379.
- Ahmed, R. (under review). Electricity Infrastructure and Firm Productivity: Evidence from South Asia. South Asia Research.
- Rammer, C., Ahmed, R., & Behrens, V. (2018). Long data series on innovator quotas: short study commissioned by the Commission of Experts on Research and Innovation (No. 15-2018). Studies on the German innovation system.
- Ahmed, R. (2017). Essays on Infrastructure, Firm Productivity, Natural Disaster and Life Course Transition in South Asia (Doctoral dissertation). Available at: http://archiv.ub.uni-heidelberg.de/volltextserver/23249/.
- Ahmed, R. (2016). Social Infrastructure and Productivity of Manufacturing Firms–Evidence from Pakistan. ZEW-Centre for European Economic Research Discussion Paper, (16-038), Mannheim Germany.
- L. Bashir, R, Ahmed, A, Ahmed. W, Barkat. (2019). The Role of Family Settings on Female Participation in Labor Force: Evidence from Pakistan. Balochistan Review, 44 (2), 30-49.
Professional training and scientific events
04/2017 University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany. Participated a workshop, “Writing Articles in the Humanities and Social Sciences”
07/2016 University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany. Participated the workshop, “Geospatial Analysis of Disasters: Measuring Welfare Impacts of Emergency Relief”
06/2016 Development Economics and Policy 2016: Annual International Conference of the Research Group on Development Economics, Heidelberg University, Heidelberg, Germany. Presented a poster presentation, "Social Infrastructure and Productivity of Manufacturing Firms – Evidence from Pakistan”
05/2016 MIRDEC 2016-Conference on Social, Economics, Business and Educational Science Budapest, Hungary. Presented a paper, “Social Infrastructure and Productivity of Manufacturing Firms: Evidence from Pakistan”
10/2015 Hotel Jezero, Lake Bohinj, Slovenia, Participated the 8th International Annual Liberty Seminar
05/2015 University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany. Attended the International Conference, “2015 European meeting of the Economic Science Association”
07/2015 ZEW, Mannheim, Germany Participated in the international conference titled “6thZEW/MaCCI Conference on the Economics of Innovation and Patenting”
05/2015 University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany Participated in the workshop, “How to Avoid Plagiarism”
03/2015 Stube, Weidler Stadt, Germany Participated in the seminar, "Education in Globalization Challenge: What Kind of Education Do We Want?”
12/2013 University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany. Participated in the workshop, “Entrepreneurship in Action”
10/2013 University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany. Participated in the workshop, “Analyzing Personal Potential for Your Career”
07/2013 ZEW, Mannheim, Germany Participated in the workshop titled, “15th ZEW Summer Workshop 2013 on the Current Fiscal Policy Challenges in Europe”
06/2013 ZEW, Mannheim, Germany. Participated in the international conference titled, “5thZEW/MaCCI Conference on the Economics of Innovation and Patenting”