Department of Commerce
Welcome to the Department of Commerce
Introduction and Background of the Department
Department of Commerce is among the pioneer departments established during the Sub-Campus Turbat under the patronage of the University of Balochistan in 2009.
Bachelor of Commerce (B. Com) a 2-year degree program was introduced back in 2010 and two batches of this program were passed out before the status of a full-fledged degree awarding institute of University of Turbat (UoT) in 2013. Similarly, a 2-year degree program of Master of Commerce (M. Com) was initiated in 2014 to meet industrial needs.
The process of change in the business world is constant and so are the expectations of the business community. They anticipate multi-dimensional qualities from their leaders who are graduates in commerce discipline as such this department had launched its third program as BS (Commerce) in 2018. This program has certain unique features where commerce graduates are well equipped with the latest professional and academic skills. The primary objective of this program is to develop and craft the skills of our students and to produce such business leaders who would be able to lead the business world in various capacities in specialized areas of International Financial Reporting Standards, Financial Accounting, Cost/Managerial Accounting, Computerized Accounting, Taxation, Auditing, Financial Management, Banking and Finance, e-Commerce, Entrepreneurship among others. In the academic perspective, this department focuses on the concept building, innovative thinking, and research culture, soft skills development of our graduates to increase the stock of tangible and intangible assets for their productive utilization in society.
Co-Curriculum Activities managed by Commerce Department UoT and its achievements:
- Organized first national level seminar in UoT on “Date Farming & Its Industrialization” in 2014
- Organized “Business Gala” in UoT for the years 2014,2015 and 2017
- Organized “Kech Entrepreneurial Challenge” in 2016 and 2018 participated by students of all PSUs in Balochistan
- Won 13 trophies in different games in the “Sports Week-2015” including football, running, long jump, pick and run, slow-cycling, etc.
- The cricket team got the first position in the “Sports Week-2016”.
- The football team got the first position in the “Sports Week-2020”.